- Jonathan has received a fellowship to attend the Virginia Center for the Creative Arts (VCCA) for the first two weeks of August.
- Associated Writing Programs (AWP) Conference: Moderator of panel Narrative Cross-Dressing: Men Writing as Women, Women Writing as Men, with Chris Castellani, Leni Zumas, and Stacy Bierlien. Denver, CO. April 8, 2010 Panel Description (scroll down to R182)
- Jonathan's story "Winterset Spring" appeared in Fifth Wednesday Journal (along with a story by Pulitzer-Prize Winner Elizabeth Strout) in the fall 2009 issue. Click Here for a link to the magazine.
- In September Jonathan will teach a 5-week creative writing course called The Coming-of-Age Story (Tuesday nights, 9/29-10/27) at NYU's School of Continuing and Professional Studies Course Description
- This summer Jonathan is teaching an 8-week evening course (June 3-July 22), Fiction Writing I, at NYU's School of Continuing and Professional Studies.
- Actor Dan Hodge, of Philadelphia's InterAct Theatre Company, performed a staged reading of “A Courtship” (short story) as part of InterAct's Writing Aloud series. Feb. 9, 2009 Event Program Writing Aloud History
- Live at the Writers House. A brief interview and excerpt of the story "A Courtship" was broadcast on WXPN FM,
Philadelphia public radio, in conjunction with University of
Pennsylvania’s Kelly Writers House. Feb. 2, 2009. Archive
available at: Kelly Writers House (episode 74)
- Associated Writing Programs (AWP) Conference: Moderator of panel From Stories to Novels: Crossing the Great Divide, with Thisbe Nissen, Bret Anthony Johnston, and Michelle Wildgen. NY, NY. Feb. 1, 2008 Panel Description (scroll down to F135)